12.27.2009

Family | Mine!

My niece and nephew haven't received nearly enough attention on this blog for as much as I have been able to see them this year. Shooting weddings in Missouri has been such a treat as it meant monthly trips back to see these two. So here's a post just for Quinn & Addie - the best little kids around. These photos were from my trip home for Thanksgiving since we had our first ever California Christmas this year!


Luckily I had Jake with me this day. Quinn decided smiling wasn't his thing until Jake convinced him he could shoot lasers out of his hand. This will make any 3 year old boy perk up.


Quinn has spent the majority of his life being photographed so apparently he looks for spots for photos as well. While I wouldn't normally pose a kid in front of an empty pool like this one, I made an exception when Quinn hollered "Hey Erika, you gotta get a picture of this!"


This photo fills my heart with joy. I don't have a lot of pictures of me and Quinn since I'm normally behind the camera but I gave my Dad a quick tutorial and he captured this shot. The funny thing was that almost all of the photos were out of focus - except this one!! I love it.


So I have to admit that I stole the idea of crafting a tutu for Addie from Cheryl - super mom, mother of triplets. Mine didn't come out quite as quite as hers but Addie still rocked it.

This girl loves life.


Mom and Dad have managed to be under-photographed as well. I told them they needed a photo shoot while I was home. Dad agreed to 16 or less photos. He didn't know what he was in for.

Aren't they cute? Props to them for celebrating 38 years yesterday! Nice work, guys.


My fantastic family. Mom, Dad, Matt, Tia, Quinn, Addie, and Jake - Thank you for being the most amazing family I could ever ask for. I love you all. Looking forward to taking more pictures of you all in 2010.

6 comments:

  1. I love the shots of your parents, so cute! I wonder if I could convince my parents to do a photo shoot :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my goodness. erika your family is too cute! love the picture of you, jake and quinn. go dad!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a cute tribute. You have a fantastic family!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Interesting post as for me. It would be great to read a bit more concerning that topic. Thnx for posting this data.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brenda is the best third grade teacher and teacher to shadow in high school I could have ever had! Great pics! :) Jenni Miller

    ReplyDelete