11.25.2009

Married | Mary Pat & Josh

I've been looking forward to shooting Mary Pat and Josh's wedding all year long. Once I met these two in May I knew we would have fun together and that they would plan an outstanding party. They did not disappoint. The day was filled with emotion, fun, family (especially nieces and nephews - they've got 14!) and celebration. This Thanksgiving I'm thankful for so many things, including the opportunity to meet these two delightful people and help document their day. Thanks, Mary Pat and Josh for inviting me to be a part of your wedding. Congratulations and have a wonderful trip!


Once I saw this chair at Mary Pat's parents' house I was in love. I think I have at least one detail shot of every possible item placed in this chair.


When you have 14 nieces and nephews, there is no need to choose one or two to come down the aisle. All 14 had the chance to shine in this cool moment.

(So I was pretty choked up during the above photos, as well as the day after when I looked at them. Such a sweet time.)

They were married at the Old Cathedral in downtown St. Louis - such a stunning venue!


While taking some shots in the Hilton lobby, we ran into former St. Louis Rams quarterback Kurt Warner who was in town with the Arizona Cardinals to play the Rams. He is just as beautiful in real life as he is on TV and he graciously accepted our picture request!


Home sweet home!


Mary Pat & Josh had their reception at Windows in Washington in downtown St. Louis. It was such a cool space and the street seemed like a great spot for a quick shot!


Congratulations, Josh and Mary Pat!

7 comments:

  1. Your best one yet. Fantastic shots, E!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Erika, you definitely captured the beauty and the love. Although it is pretty easy with a good looking couple like Josh and Mary Pat. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful pictures - beautiful bride and groom - what can you expect? i can't wait to see more! one of the best days of my life! love, auntie jane

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wedding with beautiful people, awesome settings and a really great photographer!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Erika, I love your comment about the chair. My mom actually bought those chairs for my wedding (30 yrs ago this November 9th). It was so important to her that she had good chairs for my shots before the wedding. You are right, Josh and Mary Pat really are a delightful and loving couple. Thanks for capturing all those wonderful moments of such a beautiful event.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi,

    I came across this blog and fell in love with Mary Pat's birdcage veil design. Is there any way possible to get in touch with her to find out where she found this fabulous veil? I would appreciate it!

    Thank YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Charlena!
    Her veil was actually designed by Jessica Quirk of What I Wore (http://whatiwore.tumblr.com/). I'm sure you could contact Jessica for more info! Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete